It has been over six months since my last entry.
I guess I feel I may want to be more ‘invisible’ in the US. I know it’s probably stupid because there is probably no such thing as privacy anymore for anyone who ever logs onto the internet for anything. Every keystroke can be tracked and traced by anyone with the desire and the technology to do so. Every call I made on my cell phone, every time I interacted with a government or corporate entity an electronic (internet available) record is made. Every purchase using a credit card is stored somewhere in the internet.
My other excuse for not making entries into this blog is that for some odd reason I had it in my mind that my ‘adventures’ have to do with visiting South America. As you will soon read (if you care to or if you don’t get bored with me) I had PLENTY of ‘adventures’ the past six months while in the US.
So without further ado… here is the condensed version of the past six months or so.
1. Arrived in USA still resonating from experiencing Life as it unfolds in the Upper Amazon (Amazonas Alto) region of Ecuador and Peru.
2. Reacquainted myself with my son and friends (who are affected by their relationship with me in their own specific ways… at various times feeling: inspired, mystified, intrigued, abandoned, appreciated/loved/missed).
3. Adjusted to the realities of Life in Manchester, NH, USA
4. Only began to take in the ways that I myself had been affected by my recent journeys.
5. Got back up on the motorcycle… registration, inspection, insurance, maintenance, practice.
6. Revisited the ‘dome property’ and the progress that is being generated by the very responsible new owners (one of my very best friends) and revisit the ‘agreement’.
7. Was stunned to the core… stopped in my tracks upon meeting the person who I can best describe as what felt and still feels like ‘The Love of My Life’, and having to jettison all of my previous ideas regarding potential ‘ideal partners’.
8. Placed my name on the ballot in Henniker for the position of NH state representative as a Republican (at the exact time that my friend placed his name on the same ballot… as a Democrat… and watching the stupified looks on the faces of those who gave us the necessary documents).
9. Attended the annual Porcfest event. (but for the first time only for one day and evening. Previously for one week.
10. Attended the annual Solarfest event in Vermont which is host to the leaders in the exploring/utilizing solar power… where I got to witness the construction of… and got to ride an all electric motorcycle.
11. Experienced the pain of hearing the ongoing situation of my son’s health condition and feeling powerless to help him, and being amazed at how he has negotiated his way in Life… having to overcome my many errors as a father… and sensing his personal struggles along his pathway of Life… noticing his incredible love of others and his strengths and cultivated abilities.
12. Maintained friendships with people who come from and represent a very diverse way of looking at the world… some on the blue team, others on the red team, others on neither team.
13. Was inspired to strengthen and bring my physical body into optimal condition as best I could.
14. Colored/dyed my hair and beard in a feeble attempt to take on a more ‘youthful’ appearance, and to personally experience the ‘modern trend’ in what can only be described as unnatural.
15. Experienced a direct hit from the front bumper of a very heavy car while riding my motorcycle.
16. Woke up in an ambulance on the way to a hospital emergency room.
17. Experienced firsthand the maturity of my son and observed how he ‘took over’ and attended to everything; including having the bike picked up from the impound lot and notifying other friends who visited me in the emergency room.
18. Noticed the extraordinary differences in the ‘health care systems’ from USA and South America.
19. Slowly recovered/recuperated from the damage to my body as a result of the direct hit.
20. Reassessed my interpretation(s) of what it means to be ‘growing older’.
21. Attended the NH Republican party’s official ‘platform’ convention and sensed/smelled the foul odor of the ‘Washington DC’ crowd. It was evident that there were forces working behind the scenes, as well as obviously, to steer local NH politics to benefit ‘federally interested’ politicians. Noticed how ‘propaganda techniques’ were cleverly and expertly used in this group meeting.
22. Struggled internally with my relationship with the realm of ‘politics’.
23. Began an extended fast (zero caloric intake) exactly one week after the anniversary of ‘that day’.
24. Continued the fast for 45 days which I ended exactly two days prior to election day. Had a ‘celebration of food’ on the day of my ‘break-fast’ and shared that experience with an intimate other.
25. Voted and experienced the odd sensation of seeing my name on the ballot while voting for myself.
26. Was amazed upon seeing the results the following morning that I had received 20% of the Henniker/Bradford votes without actually engaging in any ‘campaigning’. I did not so much as print or put up a sign. I had only casually mentioned to eight people that I was on the ballot.
27. Felt conflicted about all of it. Earth Life.
28. Noticed that all during the summer and fall I continued to learn and grow as a person.
29. Delayed, but finally ‘pressed the button’ to create a ticket to return to South America.
30. Felt conflicted about departing from my son and friends and newly discovered intimate other.
31. Followed through with the departure in the face of newly surfaced emotional disturbances in the lives of friends and my intimate other.
32. Arrived in Ecuador at an airport I had never before landed in. Within 24 hours having the sense of. ‘being led’ to the waterfall property where I envision celebrating my 120th birthday party. I envision attendees from all over the world joining me in a celebration of LIFE, and reveling in the incredible beauty that is available for the Beings privileged to experience.